True Sport Foundation Lyle Makosky Values and Ethics Sport Fund
True Sport Foundation: Lyle Makosky Values and Ethics in Sport Fund
This national sport studies scholarship is intended to stimulate thoughtful examination of values-based and ethical sport.
It was established in 2014 by Lyle Makosky to help support the work of the True Sport Foundation (TSF) and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport. The fund’s capital is held and invested by the Community Foundation of Ottawa and annual earnings are used by the TSF to support financial awards in the area of values and ethics in sport with the intent to support:
- The critical examination of and an open dialogue on the compelling values-based and ethical challenges in today’s sport;
- Protecting and enhancing the quality and value of the sport experience from ethical threats;
- Ensuring the integrity of the conduct of sport; and
- Watching over the values, ethical codes, and principles on which sport is founded.
Financial awards to support the critical study of sport will be granted annually to applicants who meet the criteria in these categories:
- High-performance athletes enrolled at a Canadian university, community college or other post-secondary educational institution. High-performance athlete refers to athletes who are any of the following: international team members, national team members, carded athletes, university varsity team members, competitive club athletes reaching national championships level, etc. Student-athlete candidates require a minimum 70 per cent academic average at the time of application.
- Post-secondary students active in sport at a non-high-performance level.
- Sport practitioners active/working in sport as a high-performance coach, official or administrator.
- Educators working in a sport, sports sciences, or sport management/administration or other applicable discipline.
For more information and to apply, please follow the link HERE>>.